Wednesday, November 2, 2011

O is for...

Okinawa.

Today's post is a little long, but bear with me. These are my top picks from three years' worth of photos.


the beach at Camp Schwab


a common site: a native with a bike



a habiscus, the famous Okinawa flower, in my backyard (literally)


our next-door neighbor's palm trees (no, we didn't live on the beach)


another flower growing in our backyard


our next-door neighbor's bench


the view from the mountain we all climbed at summer camp


the fields at Pineapple Park


the Pineapple Park's signature pinapple carts

As a military brat, you always end up missing the places you've been and the people you've met - whether you liked them initially or not.  Today I'm missing Okinawa.  Is there someplace or someone you're missing today?


3 comments:

  1. ow, wow, you've gotten around!

    um, i miss my old next-door neighbors. we used to go over to their house almost every day and hang out before we moved for the first time in... oh, eleven years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that is. I miss South Dakota and some things in Florida, surprisingly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cubette! Yeah, we've moved a few times. :P I bet that move was hard for you.

    Hey Nathan! I still don't get what was so bad about Florida. Personally, I like all the beaches and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.