Monday, January 2, 2012

Blogging and Me {guest post}

Hey everyone! My name is Julie and I review books over at Reading Stands Forever! I'm so excited that my first guest post is on the blog of one of my blogging friends!

I'm not new to the blogging world. I've been reading book review blogs since about the summer of 2008, and began one with my best friend a few months after. A few days ago later year my friend and I parted ways (blogging-wise, we're still the closest friends) and now I have my own review blog that I have been reviewing on for exactly a year. Yes, it's my blogoversary! I have been blogging on Reading Stands Forever for exactly a year! I may not have many reviews, but I love what I do.


When I heard about Emily's blog party, I knew I wanted to do a guest post, but I was having trouble deciding on what I wanted to post about. I thought about it, and Emily suggested that I talk about what blogging means to me, since I was scheduled to post on my blogovsersary. So, here I am, talking about everything blogging means to me, and why I blog. If you know me, then you know that I organize my thoughts best in lists, so here it goes :)


1. Books
It's no secret that I love books. I began blogging because of my love of books, and the thought that one day I might get free books. Since I've been blogging, I have gotten a couple free books, mostly from giveaways, and one review request (hopefully up on my blog in a couple weeks). But my bookish reason I blog isn't free books. It was because of my love, and the way books make me feel. They're an escape. They're a way to get out of my head and explore new worlds and leave this one. I don't really have an amazing social life, so books fill that hole.


2. Friends
Like I said before, I don't have a lot of friends, and I hoped by blogging, I'd make some more, and thankfully, I have. Book Bloggers are all so supportive of each other, and helpful, and I've never talked to a blogger (book-related, or otherwise), who wasn't nice to me. Everyone is so nice and awesome, and I'm so thankful for that.


3. To Be Heard
When you're in high school, you feel like no one ever hears anything you have to say, especially when you're quiet. No one really ever listens to me, except my close friends and awesome English teacher, so when I started my blog, I hoped that maybe someone would care about what I had to say, even if it was something as small as a book review.


I had a couple more reasons, but they're not as important as those three. Overall, blogging is important to me because it's another world where I am free to be myself :)
Thanks to the blogging community for the last three years!!

As she said, Julie blogs over at Reading Stands Forever.  She's a self-described YA book geek and flower child born a decade or ten late.

3 comments:

  1. I just started blogging because I want to be heard. Check out my blog at wassupgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kitty! I saw your email and will stop by your blog :) Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.