Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Big Announcement

Lately my life is intact while my inner deterioration is gaining speed.  I hardly feel anything but stressed anymore.  I used to have (sometimes random, sometimes caused) moments of excitement or peace or pure happiness, and some emotions that I don't think even have a name yet.  Now I feel like I've stretched myself into a shell with no meaning left inside.  I've been reevaluating my time, and calendar, and priorities, and... well, everything.  My life.  And I've decided that blogging no longer means what it once did to me.  This used to be a creative outlet, but now it's a place to ramble and show off my life.
I'm stressed out, wasting time, scheduling every jot and tittle of my life, and no longer enjoying any of it.  So, this is me, saying thank you and sorry.  The party was fantastic, and this past year of blogging wasn't a loss.  I learned a lot about myself, met lots of wonderful new people, and improved my writing.  (Not to mention, I expanded my reading far beyond what I would have without the offer of free books.)  While I was planning to just quit and let my blog float around in cyberspace for all eternity, my mother warned me not to completely scrap a good experiences because I poured too much of myself into it.
So I'm disposing of my blog schedule and from now on, you'll see me when you see me.  Whether that's once a week or once a month, and how many reviews or whatnot I'll be doing, I don't know.  There may be future giveaways, parties, interviews - who knows?  But I'm not going to turn this website into my life again; that's not what cyberspace was meant for.

If you'd like to stay in touch, email me at newyorksnowflake@gmail.com or drop by my Facebook page.

7 comments:

  1. I think every blogger comes to this realization -- the need of space from the blogosphere. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think so too, Bailey. Of course, it hit me pretty hard since I seem to get way too wrapped up in these things way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see you, well sort of leave, your blog. I'll miss reading your stuff. But that's the challenge of being a young writer/blogger. Sooner or later you'll have to give up the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sad to see you leave. I'll miss all of your great posts and writing!
    Never give up your writing, unless you're sure.
    We should keep in touch through email :)
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies! You know, I was not happy to let go of all my amazing blog post ideas, but I just don't have the time for babysitting, school, church, event-planning (which I do a lot of), reading, writing, blogging, AND unplanned free time - so I'm trying to cut down on certain activities, most of them the online ones.
    Of course, I'm not *really* leaving. I have one post set up for Saturday, that book review to do at some point, and a really good post idea for when I'm itching to blog again. :) Plus, I've decided to keep my 30 Day Challenge going. Who knows? Once that's finished, I might resume my A B See Photo Meme. :)
    Also, Julie, feel free to email me whenever you like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad to see you stop blogging regularly, but I'm excited to see you moving into a new part of your life. :]

    Much love♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.