Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Pinterest Report: DIY Painted Bobby Pins

 
Week Six: DIY Painted Bobby Pins
{all photos linked to source}
 
The Pin:
 
 
Nail polish bobby pins
 

 The Link:

 
Lines Across: Nail Polish Bobby Pins

The Test:


You'll need: Plain metal bobby pins, nail polish, index card or cardstock

What to do: Slide the bobby pins onto the index card or cardstock.  Make sure to space them out. 


Paint them with any nail polish you like - basic colors, glitter polish, it doesn't matter.  Some colors may need a second coat.


Let them dry and carefully slide them off the index card or cardstock.  It's that simple!
 


 
I put mine on a clean index card for storage.  You can also make a matching or complementing set and slide them onto a small piece of scrapbook paper, a pretty card, or a decorated index card and give it as a gift.
 
I've already used mine several times, and I haven't had any problems with chipping polish, which was a concern my mom mentioned.  I love mine!
 
The Grade:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love these. It makes me want to start doing tests, and posting about the outcomes. Especially cause I have a bunch of stuff to try on Pinterest. And these are one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.