Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Pinterest Report: Homemade Pumpkin FroYo


Week Ten: Homemade Pumpkin FroYo
{all photos linked to source}

The Pin:



four ingredient pumpkin fro-yo



The Link:



Skinny Halloween Treat: 4-Ingredient Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

The Test:

You'll Need: one cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, one cup pumpkin puree, one tablespoon sugar, one teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, large mixing bowl, freezer and timer or ice cream maker


What to do: Mix the ingredients.  Pretty simple.


Now, either give it a few minutes in the ice cream maker, or stick it in the freezer.  I went for the freezer option since my family doesn't own an ice cream maker.  If you choose to put it in the freezer, be sure to set a timer for thirty minutes and stir every half an hour until the yogurt is frozen enough for your tastes.


Now eat!

Personally, I didn't care for the texture, but it was the best that could be expected without a proper ice cream machine.  As for taste, this was definitely a flop in my family.  I love pumpkin stuff if it's not pie, but I didn't like this.  Out of the four kids, only one likes pumpkin pie, and after a few bites he decided he didn't like the froyo either.

The Grade:


Cool idea, but would probably be better if we had an ice cream maker and/or really liked pumpkin pie.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of Fro-Yo, but pumpkin has never been my thing, so I probably won't won't be trying it. I would be interested in more Fro-Yo recipes and reviews, though!
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! I honestly just got into Fro-Yo somewhat recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your post inspired me to make some vanilla Fro-Yo of my own and it turned out wonderfully!
    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award over at my blog! I think you might have already received it, but I wasn't sure, so I gave it o you again.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    http://inklinedwriters.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! I've actually been thinking about getting an ice cream machine... after going to Menchie's tonight, I think I'm entering the world of froyo maniacs!

    And thanks so much for the award! I've actually not heard of that on yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.