Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Pinterest Report: No-Heat Hair Curling


Week Fourteen: No-Heat Hair Curling
{all photos linked to source}

The Pin:


no-heat wavy hair tutorial
The Link:



The Test:

What you'll need: Wet hair and time.

What to do:  Separate your hair like into pieces, like you would to curl it with an iron.   Then twist each piece completely, like this:


Then let it dry naturally, making sure it stays twisted up.  It should curl beautifully.... according to the original link, anyway.

These are my results:


immediately after taking out the dry twists


a short while later

The Grade:

As you can see above, it did not work.  At.  All.


4 comments:

  1. This post is hilarious, Emily. :)There's probably a few no-heat ways to curl hair, I guess this just isn't one of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad you enjoyed it, Anna! :P I know the best no-heat curling for my hair involves sleeping in sponge curlers. It usually turns out but it makes sleeping a pain and generally the curlers get stuck and tangled in my hair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is naturally straight, right? I use that technique a lot and it works fine, but my hair is more wavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi nerdyword! Yes, my hair is very very straight when it dries naturally. I guess that must be the problem?

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.