Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Camp NaNo: About My Book

Cover Image:

Again created by the amazing Ruth Ackiv!

Description:

Kaimalie hates her new life as the rich kid, so when she meets a real mermaid, she jumps at the chance to trade feet for fins.


Word Count Goal:

50,000

Main Character:


Kaimalie Palakiko, quarter-Hawaiian athlete living in Hawaii with her half-Hawaiian dad and her Wisconsin born and raised mother.


She enjoys running and swimming, she collects seashells, and she's working on getting better at her biking.  Her dream is to be in the Ironman Triathalon one day.  Her family, with her father's job as a groundskeeper, was pretty average until a helicopter accident.   Her father saved a prominent politician before the wreckage went up in flames, making them famous from the news coverage and rich from the man's reward.  Now Kaimalie is miserable in her family's new life.  Then a cruise vacation brings her path across someone she never would have expected, and her life is changed forever.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome...I've seen you pin a lot of "Kaimalie and the Mermaid" stuff on Pinterest :) Kaimalie is such a pretty name! When does NaNoWriMo begin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Thanks. :) Actual NaNoWriMo is in November every year and starts on November 1st, but this is the book I'm writing for April Camp NaNoWriMo. Camp runs again in July this year.

      Delete
    2. Oh okay.... Cool! I didn't even realize what NaNoWriMo meant until the other day. I had to look it up because I kept seeing people talk about it :P :)

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty sure that's how 50% of participants get in on it :) The others are all writer-friends of the people who did look it up! Haha

      Delete
  2. Cool! Looks like it's going to be an interesting book! Fairytale retellings are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know! I'm thinking I'll stick to those for my brand/genre :D

      Delete
  3. I love her name! And the setting, so pretty :) Your book sounds really interesting, I hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm starting to fall behind, but if I don't reach it this month, I'll probably pick back up in July.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.