Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Book Review: 30 Days to a More Beautiful You

I'm baaack! Say hello to the latest official high school graduate and Taylor University college freshman! Also say hello to the newer, more streamlined, and shorter book reviews I'm trying out. I figure if I'm going to keep this blog going in college I'll need to keep my posts short and sweet as well as keeping my scheduled post days infrequent. Let me know how you like the new reviews in the comments!

30 Days to a More Beautiful You by Kylie Bisutti
A Devotional for Girls

Amazon Page
GoodReads Page
Author Website

Despite what the world leads us to believe, true beauty has nothing to do with outward appearances. The more we focus on what we look like on the outside, the more insecure we become.

Fortunately, God doesn’t measure our worth by how we look. We have value simply because we are His children. The more we focus on getting our hearts right with the Lord and honoring Him, the more secure and confident we will become—and the more we will exude true beauty.


In 30 Days to a More Beautiful You, former Victoria’s Secret Runway Angel Kylie Bisutti gives a complete inner-beauty makeover with succinct devotional readings designed to transform your heart, body, mind, and soul and put you on the path to becoming a happier, healthier, more beautiful you.


The perfect gift for every young woman, this devotional will forever change the way you define the word beautiful.


My Thoughts:

THUMBS UP:

Short and sweet, so if you're the busy type, this is a good booklet to keep your devotionals going when you don't have more than five minutes a day.

EH:

Not very deep, and mostly just covers basic principles of Christianity for girls. Better for new or young Christians -- not too young, though, because a few mature themes are mentioned. Probably best for the middle school crowd.

THUMBS DOWN:

While short is good for busy girls, this book was way shorter (and smaller) than I expected. It really is just a booklet -- about the size of a postcard, and only one page per day's devotion. Only one verse for each day, too. Maybe good for getting a new Christian girl started in devotions, but it's not much. Possibly better if combined with Kylie's full-length book? I haven't read that book, so I don't know. It does seem almost like this devotion was written to supplement the author's career, rather than provide quality standalone content.

THE VERDICT: Three stars.

I was provided a free copy of this booklet in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Sadly, I cannot remember who I received this book from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.