Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Who Writes Better: Men or Women?

Some of you may remember the review I did of Grammarly a while back. For those of you that don't, it's an online grammar-checking service. Anyway, Grammarly conducted a study with 3,000+ participants to settle an existential question that has been plaguing mankind for centuries: “Which gender has the better writers?” They published the results in an infographic, shown here:


Obviously, there's a lot of information here. I LOVE that women are better writers than men, especially considering the history of literature -- oh, the irony! I'd have to say I definitely agree with the results for women on most, if not all, of these questions.

What do you think? What did you find most interesting? Do you agree and/or disagree with these results personally as a reader and/or writer?

In exchange for a post about this infographic, Grammarly agreed to donate $50 to a literacy charity of my choice. My $50 went to Reading is Fundamental (http://www.rif.org/).

Check out Grammarly's new grammar checker-specific feature for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.