Wednesday, December 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo: A Bust... But Watch My New Short Film!

Hello, my lovely readers! So, obviously, my plan to post about other students' take on "Focus 2014" didn't happen. Trying to interview fellow students as we all prepared for Thanksgiving break and then finals just wasn't a great idea. Sorry about that!

I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for NaNoWriMo, the day it started, on a whim.

Actually, I do know what I was thinking:

You're nuts.

Yeah, but I haven't written anything lately.

Not true! You've kept up with your blog, and your homework, and your poetry.

Okay, yeah, but I've neither written nor edited any of my novels for months.

...you're in college.

Amanda said she'd do it too!

Okay, whatever, but you're still nuts.

Amanda dropped out the next day. I had barely two paragraphs written two days later. I began to doubt. But I figured I could at least scrape a decent number of words together and lose with style.

I had two big papers due in the same class on the same day. I figured if I could at least get a chapter or two down I'd be cool with it.

Now a group of students in my Bib Lit class and I have successfully put together a short film of Esther, involving a 3,000-word script and over a week of filming. I still have only those two paragraphs in NaNoWriMo... but I managed to lose with flair!

Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.