Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Wish


My wish for you for tonight's that you know
My thoughts are with you wherever you go
And I don't know you well, but I've seen you around
You're in a dark place, that much I can tell

I just want you to know that you're never alone
Depression is a warrior I personally know
The pills or the gun or the blade to your wrist
May seem like an out but that plan's not the best
See, I've been where you are but I've come through it too
And if I of all people can come out so can you
I know that it's hard, just too much for one man
That's why I'm here, offering a hand
I leaned on shoulders to get here today
Now you lean on mine while you're on your way

4 comments:

  1. I like how the couplets keep it from getting the reader too down while handling a serious topic (one of the most serious, dare I say) at the same time. Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.