Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Worrywart


A watched pot never boils,
Or so that's what they say,
So I kept an eye on all my worries
Each and every day.



I'd lay awake in bed each night
To ensure I'd remembered them all
And watched as my list of worries grew
From spring through summer to fall.

When the winter came, I found I must
Record them for fear of forgetting;
I soon had to cancel several engagements
To make time for all of my fretting.

One day the truly unthinkable happened:
I misplaced my list of cares!
I was forced to go a week without worries
And learn how to never despair.

Now a month has passed, and I must confess,
I have changed for the better.
In the time I used to spend fretting,
I now knit very nice sweaters.

A note to fellow bloggers: my blogger-friend Kate at majesticgoldenrose is planning to start a new blog chain, and she would love for you to be involved! She's hosting a video-chat Q&A for anyone interested at 2:30 EST, Sunday, May 17 at this link. For more information, check out this flyer.

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you chime in.

Comments are welcome, but I reserve the right to delete any comments or commentors as I see fit. Bullying or spam in particular will not be tolerated.

You won't see your comment appear right away, as I've recently enabled moderation. This is just to ensure I see comments and can respond, as Blogger no longer sends notifications of new comments to us blog authors. Thank you for your patience with this.